By Aafrin Shaikh – The H Dubai Marketing & PR Manager
Being the first Expo to be held in the Middle East, Expo 2020 Dubai is definitely The World’s Greatest Show. From 192 country pavilions to explore, daily live shows and over 200 food and beverage outlets, there is something for everyone. With so much to see and do, I have put a guide, to help you make the most of your Expo Experience.
About Expo 2020 Dubai:
Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo ever to be hosted in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia region. The site stretches over 4.38 km which is equivalent to four times of the world’s largest shopping mall – Dubai Mall. It is expected to welcome 25 million visitors in over 182 days.
Expo 2020 inspires people through the theme “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”. This is achieved in three themed and petal shaped districts – Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability. These are all connected to the central Al Wasl Plaza.
Al Wasl Plaza – referred to as the heart of the Expo 2020 Dubai is the world’s largest 360-degree projection dome. The Plaza hosts events and exhibitions among fountains, waterfalls, and palm-lined courtyards.
Whether you are coming by taxi, car, metro or bus, getting to Expo 2020 is very convenient. The fastest and the most sustainable way to get to Expo 2020 Dubai is by Dubai Metro Red Line. It takes you from the city to the entrance of Expo 2020 Dubai. There is also a dedicated public bus service – Expo Rider. It is a free of charge service from various locations in Dubai and other Emirates.
Opening times and Tickets:
Visitors can get the tickets online at the official Expo website or in person at the site. Various hotels, airlines and tour operators are offering special offer on tickets as official resellers including The H Dubai hotel where guests can enjoy room stay with breakfast and Expo Ticket included.
Doors open from 10 am until 10 pm
What to see and explore:
Apart from immersing in the cultural experiences and exploring the world at the 192 country pavilions, here is my list of must-visit spots at the Expo 2020 Dubai:
– Al Wasl Dome light and sound show at night
– Jubilee Stage Performances with performers from around the globe, from Alicia Keys to AR Rahman
– The most popular water feature is a hit amongst children and adults alike. Its gravity defying technique comes alive at night with coloured lights and background music.
– Garden in the Sky – An exploration tower that takes you many feet off the ground to make sure you’ve got the best of best at Expo 2020
– The bright yellow Expo Explorer train that can take you through the Expo site
– Taste the food from around the world at 200+ restaurants and outlets. Don’t forget to check out the world’s first African Dining Hall – Alkebulan.
– Meet the Expo Robots, interact with them and of course – take a picture with them!
– Dance, Performances and Parades – There are live performances at various spots and parades throughout the day.
Good to know:
– For that perfect keepsake, don’t forget to pick-up your Expo Passport and get it stamped as you visit the pavilions.
– Expo 2020 app – The app can be used to buy tickets, plan your visit by checking the schedule of calendar of events, choose from more than 200 dining options and manage reservations for Expo 2020’s intelligent Smart Queue system – offering the ability to reserve a convenient time slot to visit a pavilion of your choice and avoid queues.
Now all that is left to do is go ahead and explore!